Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shutter

American Version

So last night me and my sister decided to watch Shutter the American version of it. Since we so its commercial on channel 7 last friday, we got curious about the movie since we already saw the Thai version of it or I say the original version of it. 
The first part was okay I thought it's going to be as scarier or at least half of the original but I was wrong!.
As the movie goes on it gets boring and boring and I was just like really? it didn't even scared a bit. The hotel scene was supposed to be the scariest scene of all, you know the ladder scene? when Natre chases Tun.

The American version copies most of the main scenes of the original and then changes few details and settings, for example instead of being schoolmates or classmates like Natre and Tun, they change it and make Megumi and Ben to be officemates. The acting was also poor and Megumi isn't even scary in the first place. 

Thai / Original Version
 They change the ending a little, like when the Tun (in Thai film) is supposed to  fall or jump off the building, Ben (American film) instead electrocute himself.  I mean really? He electrocute himself to get rid off the ghost on his shoulders? first of all it's a ghost!.

It's hard for me to watch it's american version since I already saw the original one because the original one was so scary and brilliant.

I guess when you make an American version or remake of some  Asian Horror Movies it became less scarier like 50% less scarier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

a bummer's hobby Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review